Today, I’d like to share 10 steps that will bring abundance and happiness to your life – and make the most of your gifts of time, talent and treasure.
These steps will help you live the three principles of abundance:
1. Every woman has a legacy
2. Every woman is a philanthropist
3. Every woman makes a difference
1. Spend time alone and listen to the songs in your heart.
2. Acknowledge your ability and freedom to be a voluntary philanthropist by moving out of your giving comfort zone by making a commitment to a “stretch” gift.
3. Create a mental mantra of your vision for a better world to remind you of your empowerment to make a difference.
4. Talk to family and friends about your philanthropic goals; share with them your mission statement and help them craft one of their own.
5. Be prepared to face some disappointment in order to more abundantly reap the rewards of your risk to make a difference.
6. Recognize fear and uncertainty as healthy emotions that when properly channeled will build your confidence in making philanthropic decisions.
7. Make a resolution to live your mission statement each day by word, thought and deed.
8. Give yourself permission to enjoy the journey and be open to listen with your heart to the stories that surround you as you travel.
9. Keep a journal.
10. Remember that you can never do a kindness too soon or too often.
© 2011 Margaret May. All rights reserved.
Visit Margaret-May.com and click on “Resources” to view additional documents, articles and links.